Gusseted Bags vs. Non gusseted bags
Posted on 25 May in Reclosable Bags, Supply Chain
Have you ever thought about how some bags stand up straight like a sturdy independent person, whereas some different types of bags fall down or slump as if they lack structure? Well, it’s actually the absence of a gusset in the bag that leads to the poor functional performance.
- A gusset is an additional piece of fabric that adds more space to a bag. It is also utilized to offer extra strength to a bag. Generally, gusseted bags have extended sides or bottom, letting more fillable space when opened.
- In order to improve the product-to-package ratio, gusseted bags and pouches are perfect options to choose from. Compared to lay-flat bags, these bags increase filling volume and can hold an increased amount of weight.
- Mostly, everyone wants to have sturdy bags even when empty without compromising on their ability to change into space savers on folding. That’s exactly what a gusseted bag delivers, which makes it a better option!
- Additionally, gusset bags are an approved stand-up packaging option for most brands that want more space to show their product’s unique features.
Non Gusseted Bags
- Generally speaking, these bags have less structure and can’t stand upright on their own and won’t contract or expand based on items kept inside.
- The prime example of non gusseted bags is flat tote bags widely available in the current market.
If you plan to invest in a bag, look to buy a gusset bag for durability and reliability. At Action Health, you can find affordable and good quality gusseted bags as per your requirement.