How to Know the Right MIL Thickness for your Bag?
Having the right MIL thickness for your bag is highly essential. If you select an overly small gauge, you increase the risk of getting the bag puncture or tear. However, you might spend a lot more money than necessary for a thick gauge that is unnecessary for your application. Consider what is most suitable for your product’s good display and support to select the right thickness.
Apart from the dimensions of the bag, the MIL thickness is a vital aspect in choosing the right bag for your requirements. How thick of a MIL required depends on the application. If your product is heavy or has sharp edges, it’s better to make a wiser choice and go with a heavier gauge than a lighter one and vice versa. Also, don’t forget that the clarity of a bag is influenced by the thickness; for example, a 4 MIL bag wouldn’t be as clear as a 1 MIL bag.
- Below or equal to 1 MIL thickness: Utilized for storing lightweight items with a small probability of puncturing the bag.
- 2 MIL thickness: Made for storing light to medium weight products.
- 3 MIL thickness: Used to store medium to medium-heavy weight products that need a rugged storage bag.
- 4 MIL thickness: Used for heavy products or items that need extra strength to keep them from puncturing through the bag.
- 5 MIL thickness: Best for items that require additional protection but have more chances of piercing through the bag, like things with sharp edges.
- 6 – 8 MIL thickness: Suitable for items that need the secured protection and need high puncture resistance.
At Action Health, you can find good quality bags that are known for their supreme strength, tear-resistant, and leak-proof seal.